1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow squash, slices
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 Tbsp fresh basil, coarsely chopped
8 oz mild Italian sausage (2 links), sliced
8 oz rigatoni pasta
1 c fresh diced onions
2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tsp vegetable seasoning blend
1.5 c specialty pasta sauce
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
- Slice zucchini and squash; cut tomatoes into1-inch pieces. Chop basil.
- Cut sausage into small, bite-size pieces (wash hands).
- Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
- Combine zucchini, squash, onions, 1 Tbsp oil and seasoning; set aside.
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place remaining 1 Tbsp oil in pan, then add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove sausage from pan.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in tomatoes, pasta, sausage and pasta sauce, then cover. Simmer 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with basil and cheese; serve.