Jan 12, 2010

Here we go again ...

I spent the weekend at the annual winter scrapbooking crop with several girlfriends, which was loads of fun. I was so busy scrapbooking that I didn't take any pictures, which is really fine since the pictures would have consisted of truckloads of pictures and scrapbooking paraphernalia and the crowns of about 30 women's heads bent over their work tables. No need to thank me for skipping the photos, really.

When I got home on Sunday, I picked up my little camera to take a picture of something or another and found several pictures already on the memory card. Apparently the boys wanted to document some of the Very Important Things that happened while I was away.

There was a lot of standing on the ottoman and beating the drums, for example. (Photo credit: Nathaniel).

There was also a moderate amount of swordplay.

And death. (Photo credits: Nicholas).

Additionally, chocolate pudding was eaten and, by all accounts, enjoyed. (Photo credit: Nicholas).

I also noticed when I got home that Jakey didn't seem to be quite himself. He was acting sort of puny, and overnight on Sunday he coughed a lot and didn't get a good night's sleep because of it.

Yesterday morning, I decided that -- even though I might be overreacting -- I would take him to the pediatrician to have him checked out during early sick visit hours. (After his bout with RSV when he was eight months old, they told us to be really vigilant about upper respiratory issues.)

Sure enough, his nasal swab came back positive for RSV. Poor thing! He has to stay home from school all this week, and next week they said to take it day by day.

Yesterday he did a lot of this:

Sometimes he kept the crayon on the paper ...

And sometimes he didn't. This table has seen a LOT of crayon.

But how can you argue with someone who can't breathe and has a terrible cough? Not to mention someone who is clearly a budding Monet.

After lunch he took control of the TiVo remote.

Baby can Work It, Work It.

His show of choice, of course:

Leo, Annie, Quincy and June are his buddies.

And while I didn't let him turn on the Wii, he was content to have me Connect the nunchuck, Disconnect the nunchuck, Connect the nunchuck, Disconnect the nunchuck, about 42 times in the span of 30 minutes.

My poor, sweet baby, though, most of the time just sat on the couch and snuggled by me. He didn't fuss or cry, just wanted to be close and comfortable.

This morning he woke up with a fever a little over 100 degrees, and he slept in my arms for another hour within 15 minutes of "waking up," so that tells me (ALONG WITH ALL THE AWAKENESS OVERNIGHT) that he didn't sleep well at all.

Please pray for our baby to feel better soon ... I don't want a repeat hospital stay! I just want him to feel better.


Sarah T. said...

Aw, he looks like such a good little patient. I really hope this doesn't derail Disney, but mostly I'm hoping he feels better soon.

melanie said...

Remembering those cuddles when my little Jake was sick. Hope your Jakey is much better soon.

RLR said...

Sorry to hear that he's sick. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

brightleigh said...

I hope Jake gets to feeling better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...