** MAN, that graphic looks wretched with my blog design.
I'm happy to say that I've been offered five pairs of tickets to the upcoming Southern Women's Show in Birmingham to give away to you guys!
I hate that most of you aren't local and won't be able to enter -- but if you can travel to get here or want to enter to win for friends or family who ARE local, please feel free to do that!
Here are the details on the show:
- It will run Thursday through Sunday, October 3-6, 2013 at the BJCC.
- Duck Dynasty's Matriarch Miss Kay Robertson will appear at the show on Sunday, Oct. 6. (I know some of you would come just for that reason alone!)
- Culinary Specialist Michelle Roberts will be conducting cooking classes at 11:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Thursday.
- Friday night is designated as "Girls Night Out" with $5 after 5 p.m. admission, free gifts and Birmingham City firefighters hanging around and apparently modeling some clothing.
- Christie Dedman, aka "Birmingham Bargain Mom," will share couponing and savvy shopping secrets.
- Birmingham native and fashion-trend forecaster Megan LaRussa will be speaking every day about high-end fashion and day-to-day wardrobe.
- And WHO ISN'T INTERESTED IN FREE MAKEOVERS? They'll be offering them in the Belk pavilion. And since it's Belk, I feel preeeeetty confident saying I don't think you're gonna get trapped by a Mary Kay lady. But if you do, forget you ever knew me. Thx.
Show hours are 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday, and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Children are welcome (if you take your children to an event like the Southern Women's Show, you've got the patience of Job and God bless you because you're 100 times the woman that I am), and admission is $5 for children 6-12 years old ... children under 6 years old are free with a paying adult.
Regular admission is $10 at the door, $8 in advance online and $7 in advance at participating Piggly Wiggly stores.
To enter, just leave a comment answering this question: On a scale of 1 to 10, how "Southern" would you say you are?" And if you don't sign in using your email address, please leave one in the comment itself so I have a way to reach you if you win. Good luck!
** COMMENTS ON THIS POST ARE NOW CLOSED. **