May 3, 2010

On Saturday it did not rain

We had big plans to be outside all weekend ... we just hoped that the weather held out so we could do everything we'd planned.

Saturday morning we headed to the ballpark early for Park Day; we had games at 10:15 and 4:00, but there were inflatables, a rock-climbing wall and lots of food to be eaten, things that aren't normally there.

Although it LOOKS like Nathaniel got caught in the rain, that was all, in fact, just sweat. While Nick was playing his game, Nathaniel and Jakey got busy on the bouncy slides and in the bouncy houses.

Jakey was only momentarily skeptical about the bouncy house ... he didn't like the looks of the other kids on it. They looked like amateurs.

After just a moment or two, though, he was in motion.

Nathaniel got brave and wanted to try climbing the rock wall. It was about 30 feet tall.

He took some coaching from Grayson, but he didn't make it all the way to the top. (Nicholas later did it four times.)

SOMEONE got upset that he wasn't allowed to harness up and climb that wall like the piece of cake he thought it to be.

At one point in the afternoon while we were taking a little break, I looked over and saw Nick crawling on all fours like a dog, carrying a stick in his mouth.

I asked him if he was being a puppy dog and he said, "Duh," with the proper teenage enunciation. I command nothing if not respect around here. And good hygiene, CLEARLY.

Apparently Nathaniel had talked him into playing Fetch. To each his own, I suppose.

Our little Trash Monitor had easy pickins on Saturday ... plenty of litter to patrol.

"Is that a piece of litter I spy in the distance?"

CAPTURED. The assessment commenced.

He trekked to trashcans near and far all day to keep his ballpark clean. Not even a cute girl in a ponytail could deter him.

Mission: Accomplished.

When Mr. Litter wasn't busy picking up trash, he was playing on the playground.

Such a sweet boy, and so happy to just have a place to run free.

Seriously, people. THE FACE.

And lest I forget, there WAS an actual game that morning. Nick was a superstar.

I mean, I know it's just T-ball, and you'd think a hit is a sure thing, but I can assure you that it's not. Plenty of kids miss.

Nick swings and then watches it go. Sometimes he's so enthralled with his fine form that he forgets to run.

But eventually he remembers.

He rounded the bases with grace. (I'm totally being nice and not taking you through all three bases. You're welcome.)

 He approached Home with all the concentration and body language of a Major League player.

Just one more inch ...


So Saturday was a raging success, even if we did have a mid-afternoon visit from the police. Other than that minor technicality, it was a great day!


Sarah T. said...

I'll be reading this post about a million more times.

Jess @ Frugal with a Flourish said...

Your boys are so adorable! Fetch! Haha! Also loved reading about your police escapade! :)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

Thanks, Jess! I'm glad you liked the posts. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...